Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A gift on my way to grocery..

It was one of those erratic days when things are definitely off the schedule.For I was waiting for a phone interview as late as 10.30pm in the night. Bored with these kinds of activities for so many days now I decided to go for a walk and checkout whats going on around me. As I stepped out of the house I realized that the weather is planning to give me a pleasure treat. I walked across the complex gazing at the clouds beginning to hide the stars studded sky. Days since I observed what nature looks like around. The sight of the oak tree strands over the dim light was such a gorgeous view. Refreshing cold wind was blowing across my face, a fresh gush of energy and an innate glee spread around me. For a moment I forgot about my regular set of worries and the upcoming interview in an hour’s time. It is usually very rare to walk around in winter without a jacket like that and today was one of those wonderful days when we had a chance to enjoy the pleasant breeze and feel the breeze ..as my hum goes.. “Ithu Oru Ponmalai Pozhudhu…”

The time I spent may be quite less but the effect obtained is invaluable and is most cherishing...I walked around a bit and heard the musical chatter of the leaves waving in the wind. Everything around me looked so happy and gloriously peaceful. Gazing at everything around me I walked across the road, finished some grocery and was getting back when it started raining so harshly..I stopped outside the shop and just waited to watch the rain.Such a pleasant feeling when the cool air engulfs your eyes and your face...Nothing could make you forget the worst of feelings than such a beautiful evening experience..What a gift of rejuvenation and ofcourse at the right time!!

I stood there observing the falling droplets of water cross the light of the white lamps...I dint realize how long it was ..until I could see no more of the drops...until the rain stopped that I had just left the things I bought over in the corner unattended....All engrossed with the strong smelling soil and the pitter patter rain-drops …a welcome break from my mundane routine.. I walked back and I felt the flowing cold water in my feet..I remembered my childhood when I used to willingly go back from school drenching myself completely. My slippers slipped as it always does ...Guess I failed in my lessons to walk forever.The sound of flowing water was so fresh to remind me of all the peaceful things that I have ever thought of.. Reminds me of the days in Chennai when I used to visit the beach late in the night.I got recharged to some sort of hyper mood ...I completely forgot about my interview and came back home with a feeling of not-wanting- to-part the cheerfulness I was blessed with . I peeked through my window just to see that the rain had completely stopped ..probably telling me that it is enough for today’s share of fun. I sat back with my friend to solve another crossword when I suddenly realized it was 10.30...and tring...goes my phone Unknown Call...Good Luck to me!!

5 comments:

shakuni said...

rains are almost always nostlagic,hmm?
So bhooma, enna pannindu irukka usa la?
-varun

Subhashri said...

hey varun..good to hear from u..
as usual..blog hopping..job hunting..interviewing....what else..nee enga irukke
i regularly check ur blog..y is it that u scrapped out the previous one totally..
bhooma

shakuni said...

i'm in cali.hunting for a job only :)
which blog are you referring to, btw?

Subhashri said...

@varun cool..how is ur job hunting going??which field r u looking into??Iam talking abt the shakhuni link..am not sure of the name..

Subhashri said...

@Vatsa..
anikku neeyum velila pone..remember u came to give the monitor..it jus stopped as soon as i got home..
anyway ufl la enna nadakkardhu nu enakku unnavida neriya theriyardhu